Georgian Court University

Front Cover
Arcadia Publishing, 2007 - 128 pages
Georgian Court University is a pictorial history of the university from its founding in 1908 by the Sisters of Mercy under the title College of Mount
St. Mary. Originally located in Plainfield, the school relocated in 1924 to a former country estate of millionaire George Jay Gould in Lakewood.
Retaining the estate title at the request of the Gould family, the Sisters of Mercy renamed the school Georgian Court College. With continuous
growth of enrollment, programs, technology, and personnel, the college was designated Georgian Court University by the state in 2004. This centennial book, using the mission of the university as its theme, captures the traditional commitments of the university: a comprehensive liberal arts program in the Roman Catholic tradition; an environment conducive to the cultural, social, and spiritual growth of the entire university community; the core values of justice, respect, integrity, compassion, and service; and a special concern for women.
 

What people are saying - Write a review

We haven't found any reviews in the usual places.

Contents

Acknowledgments
6
19241944
25
19451965
45
19661986
67
19871999
89
20002007
107
Copyright

Common terms and phrases

Bibliographic information